Inside. Outside. Safe side.
Finest encourages you to attend the on-site inspection if you can, and ask as many questions as you like. After all, one of our top priorities is to help you gain the best possible understanding of your home.
Inspections typically take between two to three hours on-site and cost between $290-$450 (see our price list below). Additionally, we can test radon gas levels. After the inspection, Finest will put together a clear report with photographs, illustrations, and narratives that will be a tool to inform your home buying or selling decisions now and can help guide your home maintenance decisions for years to come.
Here’s what we inspect:
- The Roof- roof covering, roof structure, roof vents, chimneys, skylights, gutters, downspouts, and flashing.
- The Exterior- wall cladding, flashing, trim, eaves, soffits, fascia, windows, doors, decks, stairs, stoops, porches, railings, surrounding vegetation, grading, drainage, driveways, retaining walls, and walkways.
- Garages and Carports
- The Interior- walls, ceilings, floors, steps, stairways, balconies, railings, counters, cabinets, windows, and doors.
- The Structural Components- foundations, basements, crawlspaces, attics, roof structure, piers, beams, and columns.
- The Plumbing System
- The Electric System
- Heating and Cooling
- Sump Pump
- Shut- off Locations for Water, Gas, and Electric
- Safety Systems- smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers
- Insulation and Ventilation (attic and crawl space ventilation)
- Built-In Kitchen Appliances- dishwasher, range, range hood, oven, cooktop, microwave, trash compactor, garbage disposal, washer, dryer.
- Radon Gas- If testing of radon gas levels is desired, we've got you covered. Radon testing equipment needs to be on-site for at least 48 hours. We can work with the home seller/seller's agent to place the testing equipment. In most cases, we can do so prior to the home inspection so that result are ready with the home inspection report. The cost for a typical radon test is $180. If a second monitor is required, the cost is $280.
The Home Inspection Report:
The report will start with a summary of items that need replacement or repair that you can review with your realtor. Many of these will be small maintenance items that are easily addressed and primarily for your information. Other more significant items you may consider addressing through negotiations with the seller. The remaining report will contain photos, illustrations, and detailed narratives of all notable items so you can have the best possible understanding of your home.
Finest will send you a link to view and/or download your online report within 24 hours after the on-site inspection. If you have special time constraints, please let us know—we can likely accommodate. A printed copy of the report can be provided upon request.
Click here to see a Finest Sample Report.
Here is baseline pricing for a Finest Home Inspection:
Less than 1,000 square feet $290
Less than 2,000 square feet $325
Less than 3,000 square feet $365
Less than 4,000 square feet $395
Less than 5,000 square feet $450
Greater than 5,000 square feet- please call for a quote
Radon testing + $180-280
Please call 217-552-2700 before 10:00 PM to schedule your inspection. After 10:00 PM, just leave a message with the best time to reach you in the morning. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment is due at the time of the on-site inspection. Finest accepts cash, checks, or major credit cards.
Finest inspects homes located in east central Illinois, including Champaign County and surrounding areas. Towns in our service area include, but aren't limited to:
- De Land
- Farmer City
- Gibson City
- Le Roy
- St. Joseph
- Villa Grove
- White Heath